The process of applying and being approved for disability benefits is not simple. The SSA denies many who apply for benefits because it finds there is some type of job they can do. We have compiled a list of tips to help you improve your chances of winning your Social Security disability case.
Five Expert tips to improve your chance of winning your Social Security disability case
- Talk To Your Physician: If your physician is not going to support your disability case, chances are you won’t be approved for benefits. Talk to your doctor and have them write a detailed letter explaining why you are disabled.
- Get Medical Records: Medical records are crucial to your Social Security disability benefits case. Submit copies of your medical records including the most recent updates each time you apply and appeal.
- Get your job description right: Tell SSA every thing you did on your past jobs. Don’t leave out details. Let them know every thing you did on a daily basis.
- Cooperate Fully With Examiner: Your cooperation with the disability claim examiner working on your case is important. This will include responding promptly to letters and notices, as well as going to all consultative medical exams.
- Hire An Attorney:The most important thing to do to increase your chances of success when applying for benefits is to hire a disability lawyers in North and South Carolina. An attorney will help you obtain the proper paperwork, speak with your doctor, and help alleviate any stress and confusion surrounding your case. An attorney can also help with the appeals process, it is never too late to get help.
The attorneys at Chad Brown Law are here to help.
Looking for a disability lawyer in North or South Carolina? Call Chad Brown Law today at (336) 546-5066 or contact us for a free case evaluation.